In April 2014, John H Jones FRICS, transferred the estate agency section of the firm to R G Jones, Dolgellau, in order to concentrate exclusively on professional services, a section of the firm which has gradually expanded since the inception of J H Jones in 1996.
Telephone (direct line) – 01654 702370
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- a Registered Valuer
- is on the RICS President’s panel of Arbitrators
- a member of ARBRIX and INDEX
Valuations for the purposes of probate, family settlement, Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning, purchases and sale all in compliance with RICS Valuation Standards (the Red Book).
Claims for compensation in relation to compulsory purchase powers under the Land Compensation Acts, Water Industry Act and similar for
RICS Homebuyer Reports and Building Surveys of residential properties of modern cavity wall construction and traditional stone construction.
Expert Witness Reports often prepared as a Single Joint Expert on a wide spectrum of problems often culminating in giving evidence in Court. Report prepared where necessary in compliance with the requirements of
- The Civil Procedure Rules 1998
- Part 25 of the Family Procedure Rules
- Section 36 of the Charities Act 1993
- and other relevant statutory requirements.
Arbitrations/Independent Valuer/Surveyor representing landlords or tenants mainly on agricultural matters involving
- The Agricultural Holdings Act 1986
- The Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 (Farm Business Tenancies)
- The Arbitration Act 1996
- also accepting appointments as Arbitrator by agreement of the parties or by the President of the RICS.
Recent Instructions Undertaken
- Acting for a consortium of farmers/landowners in negotiating option and lease terms for a wind farm development.
- Negotiating terms for a solar energy development.
- As part of an assessment of partnership assets, estimating the value of a long established agricultural tenancy.
- For the purposes of family settlement assessing value of a life interest in an agricultural holding.
- Acting for 15 claimants affected by the A487 Glandyfi, near Machynlleth road improvement scheme.
- Valuation of light industrial property with a freeholders business as a fully operation entity (as a going concern).
- Application to revise rateable value on a rural “Yurt” site.
- Estimating the market value of an agricultural holding and assessing consequential losses of income for litigation purposes.